Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I can't see my strange SATA drive?

I purely installed a Maxtor SATA drive but can't see it when using Windows Explorer. I can see the drive when I access Device Manager and it says the drive is installed and working. My subsequent drive letter is F but I own no F drive when using Windows explorer. What's wrong?

I can't see my strange SATA drive?

is it windows XP? move about to control panel > administrative tools > computer management > disk organization and make sure its within there and formated
I'm sure if you enlarge our case and look inside it will be right nearby.
You need to wall the drive to see it



right click my computer

goto manage

disk control

select the SATA Drive

Format



once that is done should show up within windows explorer
do you enjoy other sata drives if not...later you computer might have a problem... i used to be competent only to use FAT32 till i get a new motherboard.



formating might work but you shouldnt own to format i never had to for my 10 drives
YOU NEED TO CREATE A PARTITION THEN FORMAT THE DRIVE

RICHT CLICK MY COMPUTER CHOOSE MANAGE GO TO DISK MANAGEMENT IM SURE YOU WILL SEE IT THERE

CREATE A PARTITION ON THE DRIVE AND FORMAT THE PARTITION

NTFS

GOOD LUCK


No comments:

Post a Comment